- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb thinly sliced gluten free sausage
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cracked pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup of gluten free breadcrumbs (or to cups of white mushrooms, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red chile pepper flakes or powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash of Worcestershire Sauce (used Annie's Naturals Organic)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet and saute the bread crumbs or mushrooms until softened, 2 or 3 minutes will do. (The mushrooms take the place of the breadcrumbs making the loaf gluten free and keeping it from getting too dense).
- In a bowl, mix together the two meats, all herbs, egg, onion, garlic, salt and pepper and breadcrumbs or mushrooms.
- Mix well and pat the meat into a loaf pan.
- Mix together the ketchup, honey, hot sauce and Worcestershire.
- Place the meatloaf into the preheated oven, and after 10 to 15 minutes or so, take out briefly to spread the glaze over the the top.
- Continue cooking until you reach 150 degrees on an instant read thermometer in the deepest interior of the loaf. (about 40 additional minutes).
I hope you enjoy this as much as my husband and I did. It's a keeper!!