Cooking a family favorite tonight! I usually use a can of artichoke hearts in this recipe but I realized I was all out. Bummer! So I looked around the pantry to see what I could use instead. Ahh ha, I had some kalamata olives and a can of organic mushrooms. That should do the trick. If you don’t have olives you can use capers. And you can always use fresh sliced mushrooms. The whole idea on this recipe is to use what you have in your kitchen. Be creative and avoid making any extra trips to the grocery store. We moms spend enough time there as it is. This recipe is quick and easy and always delicious with a glass of white wine and some steamed broccoli.
If you have leftovers for the next day use the cuisinart to grind the chicken, add a little mayo and make one of the best chicken sandwiches.
- 2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill All purpose baking flour
- 1 package of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 4oz can of Giorgio organic Pieces & stems mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives without pits
- ¾ cup white wine (used Pinot Grigio)
- Rinse chicken in cold water and pat dry.
- Put flour in gallon size ziplock bag and place chicken inside and shake to lightly coat chicken.
- Heat oil on med-high heat in large frying pan and place chicken in pan. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and oregano. Cook for about 9 minutes per side on medium heat.
- Add olives, mushrooms and wine and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes. Lower the heat to medium low, cover and simmer an additional 20 minutes.