I always love a challenge like this to revisit the way I'm cooking and eating. It is so easy to fall into a routine where you end up eating the same meals week after week... might be good for you but it can be very boring! We have our favorites and they are simple quick and tasty but now that my boys are in school I actually can think and plan meals again. The Paleo diet is a good reason to explore new ways of cooking, new recipes and old recipes slightly altered. It doesn't take much to convert a gluten free recipe to a Paleo recipe. For instance tonight I took this great recipe out of the Delight gluten free Magazine removed the brown sugar and rice ingredients and there you go. Tonights dinner...
Green Curry Chicken, Beef & Spinach over shredded Squash
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5-6 Chicken tenders or 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken
- 1 ribeye steak cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 can of Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon of green curry paste (can use red if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1 bag of spinach
- 2 zucchinis squash, shredded (I use a cheese grater)
- In a medium size frying pan heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and sear all sides.
- In a large sauce pot or deep pan, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions become translucent and chicken is fully cooked, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the beef, coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce and stir well.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Using the same pan that you cooked the beef in, saute the shredded zucchinis until soft, 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add spinach to the curry pot and cook until the spinach wilts, stirring frequently.
- Serve the curry over the sauteed zucchinis.
Serves 3 to 4