I made enough changes that I felt it necessary to re-write the recipe to keep it simple. Instead of Bob's red mill gf all purpose baking flour I used a combination of almond flour and buckwheat flour and because of the change in flour I was able to eliminate the xanthan gum and baking powder. Two less additive ingredients two steps closer to a better healthier product is the way I see it. The last thing I did was remove the butter and replace it with grapeseed oil. I hope you and your kids enjoy this one!
Pumpkin Spiced Muffins vs. 2
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of ginger
- 1/3 grapeseed oil
- 2/3 cup agave syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup milk (used Almond milk)
- Optional: Cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Mix together the flours, baking soda, cinnamon, flaxseed meal, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Mix oil and agave syrup. Add the eggs, one at a time. Stir in pumkin puree. Add the dry ingredients in two parts, alternating with the milk.
- Option: add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts or fruit.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar if desired.
Post a Comment