Thai Spiced Lamb & Beef Lettuce bowls
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/2 lb of organic ground lamb (German Alnatur Super Markt)
- 12 oz (3/4 lb) organic ground beef (Patch Commissary)
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken or veggie broth (I used veggie)
- 2 tablespoons gf tamari sauce (do not use if on Paleo Challenge)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoon hot chili sauce or oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Large butter lettuce leaves or iceburg
- 1 small bag of spinach
- 1 zucchini sliced and steamed
- Heat oil in a 10 to 12 inch nonstick pan over med-high heat.
- Add lamb, beef, onion and garlic stirring often, crumbling the meat as you go until browned. Approx 12 minutes.
- Drain off and discard any fat in pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together broth, tamari sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice, wine, hot chili sauce and starch until well blended.
- Add the mixture to the lamb & beef along with the basil and stir until boiling then remove from heat.
- To serve, layer the lettuce leaves, a handful of spinach, the steamed zucchini and then the meat.
These were awesome! For those of you who have had PF Chang's lettuce wraps they were damn near identical.ReplyDelete