You will quickly learn that Lamb is one of my most favorite meats to eat and prepare! I love this meat because it not only is highly beneficial for me and my blood type but it is one of the best tasting red meats out there. If you love lamb you will love this! A gluten free Paleo and Eat Right 4 your Type friendly dinner that will melt in your mouth. I apologize for the photo, but it is one of those dishes that tastes way better than it looks.
Lamb Goulash over Shredded Zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs lamb stew meat cut into 1" cubes
- salt for pre seasoning lamb
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 green onions sliced for garnish
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 1 cup chicken or beef stock
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 2 large Zucchinis'
- In deep skillet pan heat oil on med-high heat.
- Pre season the meat with salt.
- Add lamb meat and brown on all sides.
- Add onions and red pepper and lower heat to medium. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper, wine, stock and all spices and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 1/2 hours.
- In the meantime put a little olive oil in a frying pan and shred the zucchinis with a cheese grater into the pan. Set aside until about 5 minutes before you are ready to serve the meal.
- Turn heat to med-high and saute until soft but not soft as it will get really watery.
- Place zucchinni on a plate and cover with the lamb mixture.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.