As promised my Paleo version of Elana's Pantry's Chocolate Cranberry Power Bars. These bars were so easy to make. A quick whip up in the food processor squished into a pyrex and thrown into the freezer for an hour and waaalaaa you have the perfect treat for the end of a perfect Paleo day!! Just wish I would have had this one during my first challenge.
So... check out Elana's picture and let me know how I did on making mine almost as good as hers. Well I'm not quite there on the photography aspect but turning something into a Paleo dish is now becoming second nature.
Chocolate Cranberry Paleo Bars
- 2 1/2 cups pecans, slightly toasted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 15 large dates pitted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons birnedicksaft (pear concentrate natural sweetner)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Blend pecans and cacao powder in food processor until coarsely ground.
- Add dates and process until blended.
- Add vanilla and birnedicksaft and process.
- Put mixture in bowl and stir in dried cranberries.
- Press mixture into 8x8 inch pyrex dish.
- Freeze for 1 hour, or until firm, then cut into approx 16 squares.
|The secret Ingredient... Birne Dicksaft|
Thank you Elana's Pantry!