As promised my Paleo version of Elana's Pantry's Chocolate Cranberry Power Bars. These bars were so easy to make. A quick whip up in the food processor squished into a pyrex and thrown into the freezer for an hour and waaalaaa you have the perfect treat for the end of a perfect Paleo day!! Just wish I would have had this one during my first challenge.
So... check out Elana's picture and let me know how I did on making mine almost as good as hers. Well I'm not quite there on the photography aspect but turning something into a Paleo dish is now becoming second nature.
Chocolate Cranberry Paleo Bars
- 2 1/2 cups pecans, slightly toasted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 15 large dates pitted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons birnedicksaft (pear concentrate natural sweetner)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Blend pecans and cacao powder in food processor until coarsely ground.
- Add dates and process until blended.
- Add vanilla and birnedicksaft and process.
- Put mixture in bowl and stir in dried cranberries.
- Press mixture into 8x8 inch pyrex dish.
- Freeze for 1 hour, or until firm, then cut into approx 16 squares.
|The secret Ingredient... Birne Dicksaft|
Thank you Elana's Pantry!
I made these to entice some coworkers that Paleo can still be yummy... I think it worked. I used dried cherries instead. Have you found a source of birnedicksaft outside of Germany?? Are you loving the warm weather??ReplyDelete
Awesome!! Love it. I have not been able to find anything yet which is a real drag. I found some pear butter that I'm thinking of trying if I ever get an oven again. We have been living on the Island now for over 2 months and still they have not fixed/replaced the broken oven in this house. Very frustrating for me as you know how much I love to bake these awesome treats. :) I will let you know how they come out once I'm in business again. It is nice not being cold but wow I never knew hot until now! It is crazy hot!!ReplyDelete
Take Care Grace and keep in touch!