It doesn't get better than this on a beautiful sunny Sunday morning in Germany!! Wow, who would have thought we would be having such great weather for the Spring. A much needed bout of sunshine after a long dark winter. And what better way then having a berry filled Traubenkern-Mehl (Grapeseed Flour, rich in antioxidants) Paleo crepes and eggs. This is another version of my first Paleo Crepe blog. The key is finding a super fine non-grain flour to make these gems. The grapeseed flour gives the crepe the perfect texture and rich dark color.
Paleo Traubenkern-Mehl Crepes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil-melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Traubenkern-Mehl (grapeseed flour) or coconut/chestnut flour
- 1 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon & nutmet (optional)
- Heat oil in pan med-high heat.
- Wisk the eggs the add the flour, water, almond milk and some of the melted oil.
- Continue to wisk for a couple of minutes.
- Pour 1/3 of mix in pan and swirl around so that the batter reaches all sides of med sized pan.
- Cook until edges start to bubble and curl up then carefully flip over.
- Cook a minute or two longer and slide crepe onto plate.
- Put a handful of raspberries and blueberries & strawberries (fruit of choice) on crepe and roll up.
- To add a little more sweet you can use a couple of teaspoons of natural fruit sweetened jam to top it off.