It is a beautiful and perfect summer day in Newport and what better way to start it off then with this refreshing smoothie that my youngest loves! I was in the health food store the other day and came across Amazing Grass SuperFood for kids. It is awesome in smoothies and to make just chocolate milk with your milk of choice. It is full of great phyto-nutritious greens and fruits and of course it is gluten free and vegan. When I make it for my son as just chocolate milk it reminds me of Ovaltine which immediately takes me back to my childhood. Delicious and "Mikey Likes it"!! Enjoy!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 3 icecubes
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Super Food Outrageous Chocolate Flavor
- 1 cup of almond or coconut milk
- 3/4 cup of cold water (depending on how thick or thin you like your smoothies. I prefer mine to be thinner so my son can easily drink it through it a straw. )
- Place all ingredients in VitaMixer or Blender in the order above. Mix on low and slow increase speed until blended smooth.