I absolutely love this time of year where the organic yellow squash and zucchini have so much deliciousness about them I could make this dish every night. My next challenge will be to start a garden and grow my own squash like my friend in Portsmouth is doing. Her yellow squash look beautiful! Still working on turning my brown thumb to green.
I've cooked this Everday Paleo recipe a few times but last night I made some changes to it just because that was what I had in my kitchen and I think this topped the original. I served it with Everyday Paleo Italian Rib Eye with Sun-Dried Tomato Topping. When cooking the steaks you might want to use less cooking time than what is on the recipe. 5 minutes per side is plenty. Delicious!!!
Cilantro Roasted Summer Squash
- 2 large zucchini squash
- 2 or more yellow summer squash
- 1/2 bunch (1/2 cup chopped) of fresh cilantro or herb of choice
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice and cube zucchini and squash and put in large mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss together.
- Spread mixture evenly on a baking dish and roast in oven for approx 25 minutes, stirring once half way through.