It has been sooooo long since I have had Red Swiss Chard and oh how I've missed it the past three years. Some things you just can never find living in different countries. The shrink factor on chard, spinach and other greens still always amazes me. You think you have so much food and then when it's cooked there is barely enough to feed two that are on the Paleo diet. You might want to double the amount of chard if you are serving 4 with this meal.
Here is a simple quick and easy that took less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook. As always enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons guten free organic Tamari Sauce or Raw Coconut Aminos (Coconut Secret)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaping teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 Wild Caught Salmon steaks
- 1 Large bunch of Red Swiss Chard
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, tamari sauce, lemon juice, 1 minced garlic clove, parsley and salt in small sauce pan.
- Heat on med/high heat for approx 5 minutes.
- Place Salmon steaks on foil lined pan curling up the edges of the foil to keep sauce in.
- Poor sauce over salmon
- Bake at 375 for 12 minutes
- Meanwhile heat the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil in large saute pan or wok.
- Add the garlic and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add chard and cook until slightly wilted, then add a splash of tamari sauce just before serving.