My youngest came into the kitchen while I was preparing these cookies and wanted to help. Sweet!! So with his help we made a very yummy treat. He took one bite and said "Mmmmmm, I like these!" I love it when I make a healthy treat for the little ones and they actually like it. Well at least one of them does. My 4 year still refuses to even try most food that I offer him and said to me "I don't like these!!" Very frustrating for mom because I know if he would taste it he would like it. Some day I keep saying, someday!
I found this recipe when I was at the CrossFit Regionals Northeast Games from the Paleo Table and only made a couple changes. I actually cut the recipe in half to be on the safe side and it still made a 24 cookies. If you want to check out more great recipes visit their website.Ingredients:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup creamy raw almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Melt coconut oil using your preferred method (micro or stove top) and set aside.
- Place all ingredients except coconut oil in food processor and pulse briefly until ingredients form a very coarse past.
- Slowly add oil and pulse until well combined
- Using a spoon or small scoop evenly distribute mixture into a mini muffin tin.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour or until hardened.
- Serve and enjoy.
Post a Comment