Ohhh how nice it will be to have proper dishes again. Tonight is our last night of the plastic picnic plate dinner series. I didn't think it would take two months for our things to arrive from Germany but I should have known better. You have all probably be wondering... what is the DEAL with the stripped plates... or maybe not.
The plastic plate picnic special tonight is a morphing of last nights sun-dried tomato olive garlic topping and today's slow cooked chicken with a green salad that I lightly drizzled with my Vansisseren Vinaigrette and topped with this Holly inspired salsa.
All I did was throw some chicken in the crockpot with some garlic cloves and the leftover sun-dried tomato topping and cooked it on low for about 6 1/2 hours. Super easy and full of flavors!!
Avocado Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 mango diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh organic pineapple (canned pineapple will also work)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili pepper or cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and refrigerate until ready to use/eat
- Can be served as a side dish, over leafy greens, on top of fish or chicken.
- As simple as that! Mmmm good