- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup teff or millet flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- 1/3 cup agave syrup (or use agave maple syrup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated carrots (1 medium peeled carrot)
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini (1 medium unpeeled zucchini)
- 1 cup of cream cheese at room temp (approx 8oz)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons local honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the oil, syrup and egg.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Mix in grated carrots and zucchini.
- Line muffin pans with muffin cups and fill 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese and honey until smooth.
- Spread on the cooled muffins.