If you haven't picked up the Organic Grass-Fed Skirt Steaks from the Fruit Bowl then it is a must!! This slab of beef is to die for and so worth every penny! Everyone that I have told about it and tries it and then raves about it. If you don't see it in the glass meat counter of the Fruit Bowl just ask Dave if they have any in the back. The more we ask for the Grass Fed beefs the more he will be able to get for us and the higher the demand the better the price will be. I have made this recipe over and over and every time it comes out amazing! Adapted from Simply Recipes.
- 2 lbs organic grassfed skirt steak
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and minced (or pepper of choice)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro, leaves and stems, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 limes juiced (you can use lemons if you don't have limes)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon agave (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Lay the strip steak in a large pyrex baking dish.
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over the steak.
- Cover in plastic warp and refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- When ready remove steak from marinade and grill. If you like your steak char grilled then grill pieces for 5-8 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain on a diagonal.
- Serve on a bed of romaine lettuce and sliced tomatoes and top with homemade guacamole and salsa of choice.