It was a fun filled day for me and the boys... First time for my boys to go out on a Sailboat and they were so excited! If you haven't taken a day trip on the Lady Lynsey, I highly recommend it especially since some of our CrossFitters, Debbie and Gabe work on board and will take great care of you. Just beware if you are doing Paleo there is not a whole lot that you can eat. Might want to bring your own piece of meat or some hard boiled eggs to get your protein. Plenty of Veggies and fruit. Debbie brought on her homemade Paleo Mayo in a small jar so she could make her own salad dressing... thank for sharing Deb!!
I actually thought my boys were going to do some snorkeling after they geared all up and walked down the ladder to the water on their own. I don't think they actually realized what they were doing until they got to the water that wasn't exactly smooth and decided quickly to come back on board. So, Mom and Auntie got to swim around with the fish insead. Maybe next time for my boys.
After a long fun filled day it was time to make my favorite Fish Tacos. And man did this hit the spot! This recipe is adapted from Sarah Fragoso's Everday Paleo Family Cookbook.
- Juice from one lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of chipotle powder or chipotle sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Butter or Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado chopped
- sliced radishes
- lime wedges
- 1-2 lbs wild caught Mahi Mahi (or Cod)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the first 5 ingredients into a marinade.
- Put the fish filets in the bowl of marinade and gently rub the marinade into them and soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the Spicy Slaw, see below.
- Rinse and dry lettuce
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and add the fish and all the remaining marinade to the hot pan.
- Cook the filets on each side for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove and serve the fish on the lettuce topping with the spicy slaw, cilantro radishes, avacados and a squeeze of lime.
- 2 Cups of shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup paleo mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder or chipotle sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Toss all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and enjoy!