Great job to all of our challengers for making it through the first week of Paleo and hitting it hard in the gym for all the benchmark WODs. Do not be discourage if you couldn't Rx the WOD or didn't do as well as you wanted... You are being too hard on yourself. It's not Perfection but PROGRESSION, and you are all progressing in amazing ways!! Now take a break and make the most delicious and simple meal ever! It will take you a few minutes to throw this one together while your grill is heating up. Have a great weekend!Grilled Spice Rubbed Steaks
- 4 tablespoons seasalt
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 heaping teaspoon cumin (because I love cumin!)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 GrassFed Ribeye or NY Strip Steaks
- Let steaks sit out at room temp for about an hour prior to cooking
- Meanwhile Mix together all spices.
- Rub the spice mix on both sides of steaks about 10 minutes prior to putting them on the grill.
- If you have extra spice rub store in sealed container with other spices for on hand use.
- Grill Steaks about 4 minutes per side depending on thickness and your cooking preference. I like mine to be charred on the outside and pink in the middle.
Bok Choy Mushroom Saute
- 1 large Organic Bok Choy (at fruit bowl) or about 5 baby bok chou
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms and saute until onions are soft
- Add Bok Choy and conconut aminos.
- Cook on medium heat until Bok Choy is slightly wilted.