We came across this recipe the other day while searching for something to do with the ground chicken in my fridge. Of course Elana's Pantry never lets me down... Not only was this absolutely amazing with the ground chicken but then a few days later I made the same thing with grassfed ground beef. So simply delicious! I threw together my own simple tomato sauce and served it over sautéed shredded zucchini and yellow squash as our "pasta". Pure Awesomeness!
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup carrots, chopped (about 2 carrots)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground organic chicken, turkey, pork or grassfed beef (all found at the Fruit Bowl)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In food processor, pulse together the zucchini, carrots, cilantro and garlic
- Add almond flour egg, salt, pepper and chili powder and process until combined.
- Move mixture to a large bowl and add ground meat stirring until thoroughly mixed.
- Drop tablespoon sized balls of chicken mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve over a bed of sautéed zucchini or spaghetti squash and top with tomato sauce.
- 1 can organic tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized sauce pan on medium high heat.
- Bring to a simmer and cook on medium for about 25 minutes.