Some of my best memories as a child are about my big brother Brent. He was 8 years older than me and soooooo super cool in my eyes. He always took care of me when my older sister was beating up on me which meant he would beat up on her. :) He could consume an entire box of Lucky Charms in one sitting while we begged for more. He played just about every instrument but his favorite was the guitar and on many nights I would fall asleep to the sounds of him strumming below my bedroom. He was a CAPT in the Marine Corps and flew UH-1 helicopters... his passion in life! And occasionally he would make the most awesome burger... his secret ingredient... sunflower seeds. Super simple and super delicious!
Tonight's dinner is for you Brent! I will always love you and miss you!!Ingredients:
- 2 lbs grassfed ground beef
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Organic Spinach or greens of choice
- 6 cups cubed Butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Form ground beef into four to five patties
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat
- Place burgers in skillet and add sunflower seeds over and around the burger meat
- Cook for approx 10 minutes per side. Try to leave the burgers on the first side until you can see the side cooked over half way up and then flip. It should be nice and chard at that point.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile peel and cube the butternut squash.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the oil and cinnamon until combined
- Add the squash and mix to evenly coat.
- Place in glass baking dish
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of spinach and sprinkle with sunflower seeds from pan.
Post a Comment