If you haven't picked up your side of Rib Eye Roast from the Fruit bowl you'll want to for this recipe. After living in St Thomas for over a year and a half now this is the first time I have found a good quality roast and the price was right!! Needless to say I was sooooo excited for this. If you buy the whole side of either the Rib Eye or the NY Strip Dave will price it about $13.59 per lb. Mine was just over 9 lbs and I cut it in half to use one side for the roast and then sliced up 8 rib eye steaks. Oh yea baby we got some awesome grassfed beef on hand. If you are worried that you won't be able to eat all this meat before it expires, don't be. The meat is vacuumed sealed and will keep fresh for 21 days in the fridge. Once you slice it up you can freeze the extra meat for a later day.
Now, back to the kitchen... This recipe is by far one of the most simple meals I have made and full of amazing flavor by Edible Harmony.
- 4-5 lb grassfed boneless rib eye roast
- 1/4 cup of paleo mayonnaise
- 1/2 onion, cut in 4
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves or 1 tablespoons of dried oregano
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- Sea Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- In a food processor blend all the ingredients except the meat until a coarse paste is formed.
- Rub all sides of the roast with the thick layer of this paste.
- Bring the meat to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 275 and bake for 1.5 hours or until desired doneness.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes before carving to prevent it from drying out.
Using a meat thermometer for medium it should ready 130-140 degrees.