Last night was the International Dinner at Antilles and was our first year going... Last year I just felt too pregnant to attend and I didn't have a working oven in my house... long horrible story... to be able to make anything that I knew I would be able to eat. It is always difficult going to functions like this when you eat a gluten free/grain free diet and are on a Paleo diet. I found it pretty easy to find meat but the lack of veggies was astonishing. I enjoyed the German table of pork, cabbage and homemade applesauce to die for, and it brought back so many great memories of our days in Germany. Most booths were loaded with Meat and Complex Carbs... I think next year I will do a complete Paleo table and go heavy on the veggies. I hope some of you got to enjoy the Paleo treats that I made for Mashelle's desert table, they went fast. If not here is one of the recipes that was a huge it. I'll be posting the Cheese cake, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip ones as well. Enjoy!
This recipe is inspired and adapted to strict Paleo from Elana's Pantry.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons conconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pulse ingredients together in a food processor until well mixed
- Place mixture into an 8 x 8 inch pyrex baking dish and press down with fingers to flatten and spread evenly
- Bake crust at 350 degrees for 12 minutes
- 1 cup of 100% fruit raspberry jam (check ingredients for added sugars, I used St Dalfour brand... it is clean)
- 1 4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons Pear or Apple Butter (found at Fruit Bowl or Gourmet Gallery)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (found at Natural Food Store or Gourmet Gallery)
- Pulse oil, almond flour, pear butter and salt together in food processor until creamy.
- Briefly pulse walnuts and coconut, so they are left coarse, not pulverized.
- Set streusel aside
- spread raspberry fruit spread over warm crust
- Sprinkle streusel topping over raspberry fruit spread
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
- Cool for 10 minutes, then refrigerate for 2 hours to set up.
- Serve and enjoy!