If you know me or ask anyone in my family they will all tell you that growing up I had a serious weakness for Donuts!!! I could not pass up an opportunity to stop in a Dunkin Donuts or a Krispy Cream shop if I saw one. So when I went 100% gluten free back in 2000 donuts and beer were the two most difficult things for me to give up and along my gluten free path I have come across some ok GF donuts but they were just ok so I thought what's the point in eating them, right? If I'm going to cheat on a treat I want it to be amazing and a big bowl of GF Cinnamon Chex wins every time. On to the next chapter of living my life 90 to 100% Paleo I have yet to even bother taking a bite into a donut until Cyrstal Oliphant brings these little mini gems into the gym last week. OMG Paleo is right. These little guys satisfied my longtime craving for donuts. Shhhhh don't tell my boys because this momma didn't even share, bad mommy! Maybe she will make another batch or two so you can pick them up at your local Reebok CrossFit STT Box and my kids can partake this time. Thank you Crystal for sharing your amazing recipe with us all.Maple Glazed Paleo Mini Donuts
- 1 and 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 4 TBS full fat coconut milk
- 4 TBS Honey
- 4 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 4 TBS coconut butter
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350′F. Lightly grease your donut pan with coconut oil
- Shift together almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine.
- Place the batter in a piping bag or large ziploc bag with the end cut off the end so there’s about a 1/2-inch opening
- Fill each cavity in donut pan 1/2 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes for full sized donuts, 10-15 minutes for mini donuts or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and edges are just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes then tip over onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before adding glaze.
- To make glaze: Place all glaze ingredients into small saucepan. Cook on low heat until sauce thickens slightly. Drizzle glaze over donuts.
Post a Comment