It has been a few years since I made these cookies so it was time to introduce them again to my three little men! I think I got the best response I have ever gotten from my boys..."Mommy these are the best cookies you have ever made!!!" ... that just made my day!
I've made a few changes to my recipe... coconut crystals instead of brown sugar and no stevia. You'll want to carefully place the chocolate kisses once the cookies come out of the oven and then let them sit and cool before you move them off the cookie sheet, otherwise they will fall apart.
- 1 3/4 cup Pamela's All purpose flour mix or GF flour mix of choice
- 1 teaspoon of aluminum free soda (used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup ghee or grassfed butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw organic sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut crystals
- 1 unbeaten egg
- 2 tablespoons milk (can use organic Almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
- Approx 3 dozen Hershey's milk chocolate kisses (can use the Almond Hershey's kisses)
- Blend dry ingredients flour to xantham gum in med size mixing bowl.
- Cream wet indgredients from butter to sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla.
- Now blend in dry ingredients gradually.
- Shape into balls and roll in small bowl of organic sugar to coat.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately place one Hershey's Choc Kiss on each one mushing down into the cookie. After it sits for a bit the choc will get soft and you can twist it down a bit more to ensure it is set in good.
Makes approximately 2 to 3 dozen.