Paleo Zucchini Bread Mini Muffins
My son was hoping for donuts when he got off the bus today and smelt the aroma throughout the house from these little gems baking. "DONUTS YEAH!!!" Haha, I wish! I love making fun delicious and nutritious treats for my kids after school snack and I know they look forward to it everyday. I was supposed to pick up a donut pan today but ended up spending 4 hours at various DMV's trying to get a Georgia drivers license. Ugh. If you ever live in a US Territory, don't ever give up your state side drivers license. Georgia doesn't honor Territories so you have to retake the written and road test... Anyway, I don't always hit the jack pot with both boys but occasionally I do. One likes it a little and the other will eat the whole batch if I let him. You never know. These mini muffins were a big hit but then again I did add 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips to ensure the love factor was high. The chocolate chips are definitely optional for those of you on a more strict Paleo Diet. I would also take out the extra bit of maple syrup and keep your sweetener to just the apple butter. Maybe had a little extra apple butter if you need it.
- 1 cup almond flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup grated zucchini (1 medium unpeeled zucchini)
- 1/4 cup mini choc chips
- 1 cup of cream cheese at room temp (approx 8oz)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons local honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the oil, apple butter, syrup and egg.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Mix in grated zucchini.
- Spray mini muffin pan with coconut oil spray
- Fill muffin spots to the rim
- Bake for 15 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes if you plan on frosting them, otherwise enjoy these slightly warm with a cup of tea or coffee. A great afternoon snack!
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese and honey until smooth.
- Spread on the cooled muffins.
Freelance graphic designer in dubai