- 1 cup almond flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup grated zucchini (1 medium unpeeled zucchini)
- 1/4 cup mini choc chips
- 1 cup of cream cheese at room temp (approx 8oz)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons local honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the oil, apple butter, syrup and egg.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Mix in grated zucchini.
- Spray mini muffin pan with coconut oil spray
- Fill muffin spots to the rim
- Bake for 15 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes if you plan on frosting them, otherwise enjoy these slightly warm with a cup of tea or coffee. A great afternoon snack!
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese and honey until smooth.
- Spread on the cooled muffins.