In search of trying to get my kids to eat better and healthier I came across this book, The Secrets of a Paleo Diet for Kids
. Looking for anything that my picky eaters might go for brought me to this one. My sister and made it for the first time over the summer and we were more surprised than the kids...haha! Both her kids were super and actually ate their little packets of yummieness and one even said she really liked it. YEAH that's a small victory that I will take. My kids on the other hand, one of three tried it but only ate a couple of bites with no comment...so typical....boohoo. So it wasn't a success for my kids but probably a good one for most kids out there and definitely one for the whole family, my husband loves it. The original recipe calls for chicken breast which I have done but we prefer the thighs, carrots which are great too if your kids aren't into sweet potatoes and if you don't have one of those dried herbs try throwing in one of your favorites. It's pretty forgiving and adaptable. And...
It has my three key points for deciding to post a recipe: QUICK, EASY & DELICIOUS!
- Boneless Skinless chicken thighs approx 1.5 lbs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small sweet potato cubed or 1 carrot sliced
- 1 zucchini cut into 1/2" slices
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or tarragon
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix the oil, carrot, zucchini, scallions, oregano and orange zest in a bowl and mix well
- Cut aluminum foil into 4 one-foot lengths (# depends on how many chicken thighs you have)
- Place a chicken thigh into the center of each piece of foil
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper
- Place 1/4 of veggie mix over each thigh
- Fold the foil up like a packet around the chicken and veggies
- Place foil packets on a baking sheet
- Cook for 20 minutes
Serves 4. Prep time: 20 mins Total time: 40 mins
Recipe from "The Secrets of Paleo Diet for Kids"
Post a Comment