If you are looking for a simple good for you oatmeal to start your morning now that "Winter is Coming" look no further. This couldn't be easier or more satisfying. If you are on Gerson Therapy and or doing a lot of juicing The Gerson Institute recommends starting your day with oatmeal to prepare your intestinal track (creating a soft cushion) for the amount of juices that will be following throughout the day.
- 1/2 cup of gluten free organic oats
- 1 cup of water (use distilled water if you are on Gerson Therapy)
- Handful of raisins or currents
- Few un-sulphured apricots if desired
- 1/2 tsp honey (optional)
- Place oats, water and dried fruit in small pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low
- Simmer on low for approx 20 minutes
- Mix in honey and serve with a glass of orange juice.