We are always on the look out for a good breakfast casserole that you can make quick and will feed the family over the weekend and this one is a keeper. We will be adding this to the top of our Christmas Morning Casserole list! My husband and I like to prep it the night before so while the kids are going crazy on their stocking stuffers we just pop the dish in the oven and 40 minutes later breakfast is served! This recipe is originally from PaleOMG with just a couple of changes. I didn't have a sweet potato this morning so I substituted fingerling potatoes and loved it. I also only put one tablespoon of hot sauce in because our chorizo was pretty spicy to begin with. Now get after it and enjoy!
- 12 eggs, whisked
- 1lb chorizo, sausage or meat of choice, cooked and broken into pieces
- 1 sweet potato, shredded (or about 4-5 fingerling potatoes)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (Siete Traditional Hot Sauce or Siracha)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Start things off right by preheating your oven to 375 degrees.
- Add your chorizo to a hot skillet and let cook until it begins to crumble.
- While the meat is cooking, dice up your onion and shred your sweet potato. I shredded mine by throwing it in a food processor, using the shredding attachment.
- Now, beat those eggs of yours in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked meat, onion, and sweet potato to the bowl with the whisked eggs. Then add the rest of your ingredients and mix all together.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish and add your egg mixture to it.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until the eggs aren't runny. The middle takes a bit longer so just be patient.
- Let sit for 10+ minutes before consuming.