Nothing like waiting until the last minute to whip out these cookies on Christmas Eve with my boys. Luckily I had two little helpers that were super excited to make and decorate Santa's treats. ;) You can make these crunchy if you like your cookies that way by baking for the 12 minutes otherwise they will be a little soft. I think its safe to say that Santa really enjoyed them!
- 1 cup coconut crystals or sweeter of choice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water or milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your all-purpose flour has it)
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling/dusting
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter at medium speed.
- Add the egg, water, vanilla, salt. Blend until mixed well.
- Add the xanthan gum (if using) and flour. Mix at a low speed until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut out the dough with selected cookie cutters, and place the cookies on the baking sheet or cookie stone. Make sure the cookies are not touching.
- If using sprinkles to decorate add them before cooking and then you are done. If using frosting you will decorate after they have bakes. See recipe below for super simple quick one.
- Reform and roll out the scrap dough, then continue cutting more cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing them to a cooling rack. Cool completely before decorating.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Easy Powdered Sugar Frosting
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of milk or orange juice.
Mix all ingredients until smooth.
Post a Comment